Hong Kong visit cancelled

Friday 7th February

Angela and I arrived in Auckland on Wednesday evening after a good flight from Sydney.
We now have a programme over the next three weeks in the North Island staying and travelling with friends, and of course meeting OMs.
Nick Howe Smith has arranged for a dinner on Sunday 23rd February, and I hope to meet him and David Duggan (a contemporary of mine) before then.

Our major concern has been the unfortunate progress the Corona Virus.
After much consultation with contacts in Hong Kong, Steven Chan and I have agreed that e OM dinner should be cancelled.
Additionally, it would not makes sense as judged as judged from this moment to commit to any visit to Hong Kong.
Therefore we have reluctantly cancelled our visit to Hong Kong.
I a very disappointed given all the had work to make these arrangements and that Angela and I were looking forward to going back there. However there is no option at present.

I hope that this outbreak peaks soon, and that Hong Kong in particular can continue to contain it.

We have altered our flights, but will still have to transit through Hong Kong airport as an alternative route would be very expensive.

In the meantime, we shall continue enjoying ourselves. I will post any updates as they occur.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

....and finally

Inaugural virtual reunion for Australian OMs

My Annual Dinner